Thursday, February 05, 2009

Being Rich is Over rated

Article = none

After that article on Gambling and fixed lottery tickets , I began to think about being rich. And I think it's over rated.

What is rich , to begin with.

Rich is ... having more money than your next door neibour. A lot more. At least ten times more.

So why are you so worthy and he isn't ? Are you smarter stronger, able to work harder ?

I took a shot , I took some risks. I got lucky. Lot of other people also tried and didn't get so lucky.

So rich is ... luck?

Yep. Not everone can be rich. If you were, you wouldn't be rich , you'd be ...average.

Well...yah know...
I got a job.
I got an apartment.
I got a wife.
I live in a country with free health care , I swear they've blown a fortune keeping me alive so far (genetic disorder, Chrones Disease)
I feel good.
I'm pretty happy with the way things are going.
Maybe I don't need to be rich.

Maybe this whole rich business is over rated.

1 comment:

Rog said...

You're right, and I think it is even further overrated because it says nothing about a person's character at all. Okay, so my rich uncle died and left me $1 million. That says more about my rich uncle's character than it does mine. Lol.

P.S.: that example was hypothetical, by the way. :)