Monday, November 06, 2006

Windows for Banks

I was out and about today , and I happened to pass by a bank machine (actually , I was trying to get money out of said bank machine) when I noticed it was out of order.

It did not say "Out of Order." Nor "Offline" nor anyone of a dozen other useful messages.

It said , in a nice big window , a WINDOWS style window I might add "One or more services did not start ..." yadda yadda yadda , a standard windows operating system message.

How does it feel to know your money is being managed by the most penetrated, the most virus prone , operating system in the world ? One they've apparently been working on since 1995 (win95) and still havn't gotten it right yet (it's 2006 as of writing this article , 11 years later).

How secure is your bank password or pin number ? Check for odd transactions lately ? strange charges on your account ?

Just wondering , just wondering ?

No comments: