Friday, November 24, 2006

Computer User Rights

Cell phone owners getting new rights


NEW YORK (AP) -- Cell phone owners will be allowed to break software locks on their handsets in order to use them with competing carriers under new copyright rules announced Wednesday...

When do computer users get new rights ?

When do I get the right to say "I bought this computer brand new , I don't want that bundled 90 day crap THAT WILL NOT UNINSTALL on my machine. And that crud keeps demanding my credit card and treating me like a criminal and I jsut want to get rid of it !!!!" (mcafee security on my new dell comes to mind... word perfect office is also up there... same computer oddly enough)

When Do I get to say "I don't want my brand new machine, that I PAID FOR " to be loaded up with junk trying to sell me stuff. When do I get to decide I don't want my computer to be a salesman working for every computer company in the world , I want to be just my computer and nothing else ?



When do I get to say "I don't want windows on my machine , I want something else " without being told "Nothing runs on anything but windows. you HAVE to have windows or you can't do anything"

When do I get to say "I dont' want to buy a word processer every 3 years , the old one works fine, why can't I simply bring it along to my new computer ?"

When can I install a new program , and NOT have 5 different advertising icons apear on my desk top all trying to sell me junk apear ?

When did printer drivers need 50 megs of space to install, and it turns out 48 megs of that is trial software , have your credit card ready to upgrade. When do I get to have that stop from happening ?

When did everyone and the dog start demanding my email address so they can send me junk mail , and denying me a warrenty if I refuse to give one ?

When did it become ok for me to buy an online game , like Matrix online, and all the sign posts inside the game contain real advertising. And there's no way to turn off the ads ? I'M PAYING FOR THE GAME, THE COMPUTER, THE CONNECTION ! I should be able to turn off those ads !!!!

When did it become ok for complete strangers to send me emails to try and sell me stuff ?

When did the only response to all of these questions become "Everyone does it. Too bad live with it , those who don't we run out of business so you're stuck !"

When did my computer ,which I paid for , stop being my computer , and start being everyone elses property ?

No comments: