Sunday, November 05, 2006

Election Booby Trap

So , I was thinking, if I was prime minister Harper , and I pretty much knew that I had six months in office before getting the boot, and I pretty much knew that the Liberals were coming back ... how could I booby trap things for them ?

At this point , the television blares something about our doomed Kyoto Accord, and I look at it , and I have an epiphany.

He did't actually break the Kyoto Accord did he ? He just got the opposition , INCLUDING the Liberals, saying how awful he was and how Canada really should abide by the accord.


Can't you just see it ? Six months from now , there's been an election, the Liberals are now in power, and now they're the ones Big Business is bribing money to to get out of it.
And Harpers conservatives sweetly come along with this big list of quotes , "You said this on this date about Kyoto , you said that on that date about Kyoto ... what do you mean you suddenly want to pull out ?"

If you wanted to try and lock the Liberals on course for Kyoto , and you know your minority government could never do much about it ... this would be a good attempt.

This would be a good booby trap to leave behind. Hang them with their own words.

No comments: