Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ultra Annoying MS Ad : MS Forefront

I'm reading a news article , or trying to , from Wired Beta. But do I see the news article ? No. I see a totally blank page.

Except at the top. Where it's playing a microsoft ad for their new not-so-secure give-me-money-because-Im-too-stupid-to-make-a-secure-OS security product called Forefront. The whole page actually stops loading and you don't see nothing while this annoying ad plays. And only when it's done do you actually get to see the rest of the page.

Which was mostly ads as well , plus a tiny little part that was the actual article I was reading.

I'm not sure which outrages me more. The annoying extortionist tactic of making you watch the ad before the page finishes loading , or the even more extortionist activities of Microsoft for trying to make you pay for a security nightmare they made in the first place ! Thats like saying "I'm sorry for dumping excrement all over the floor, and if you give me 20 bucks I'll even clean it up."

It's probably the combination of the two put together that ticks me off.

No comments: