Monday, May 14, 2007

iCoke.ca

The iCoke scam.

Bought a bottle of diet coke today. Odd , had an internet address on it, and under the cap was a number.

Go to the web site and what do I see ? Apparently you can enter tonnes and tonnes of these numbers , each counting as some kind of iCoke coin , and win valuable prizes. Oh yes, they want your email address.

You know how allergic I am to giving out my email address , don't you ? Every spammer in the world wants it with the soul intention of sinking it with massive amounts of adverts for their product. Dell is horrible for this , I had to put them into my spam list just so I could read the regular mail.

No email address in the world has a life span of much longer than six months , if you ask me, save a very few that are not actually used.

I'm not giving them my email. and i'm not filling out a form with an endless amount of 10 digit alphanumeric numbers , one for each coin. And then having them tell me "sorry , you didn't win , but hey ! We'll be glad to send you tonnes of spam ! Spam you actually have to open up and read ! Because it might be a message declaring you a winner !"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I unsuscribed a dozen times in the last 3 years, block every new email adress they use ,sent emails to complain, but they keep sending me this spamm, and guess what i never had any points.

I thinking class action suit...