Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Credit Card Fraud

Be vigilant against credit card fraud, consumer group urges


Article


The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada on Friday urged all
credit-card holders to be vigilant and carefully monitor their credit
card statements for any unusual activity in light of two high-profile
security breaches revealed this week



Mentions the Winners , and Home Sense , shopping chains. And the Bank CIBC.


Let me help you with your credit card security.

Today is Jan 20. Phone your credit card company and tell them that ,
for reasons you would prefer not to reveil , you suspect your credit
card has been compromised and could they please change the number on
it and give you a new one ?

Feb 20 do the same. And mar 20. and every 20th.

In an age of increaseing credit card fraud, they're not going to
complain a witt. They know whats going on out there. They'd much
rather eat the cost of you changing your credit card number every
month than having it racked up and you pointing out "that wasnt me . I
won't pay. I CAN'T pay , I'm poor. And I can't return the 5,000 $ of
merchandise because I didn't buy it in the first place so I don't have
it on hand to be returned. "

Trust me. Do it today. Just for your peace of mind.

No comments: