Saturday, December 20, 2008

CAW says it won't budge on compensation

Article


TORONTO/OTTAWA — The Canadian Auto Workers is saying no to any concessions on compensation as their employers await a rescue package in lockstep with the $17.4-billion (U.S.) lifeline extended in the United States to the Detroit Three car makers.


Union workers make about 28$ an hour. I know , you heard 70$ an hour , but thats what they cost including pension , health , and a wack of other stuff. They only actually receive 28$ / hour.

Which is 28x40x52 = $58 240 / year

For unskilled labor.

In comparison most unskilled labour pays 8$ / hour , or 8x40x52 = $16 640 / year

The union has decided it's refusing to take a pay cut. It wants it's 28$ / hour. For tightening a few screws and doing a job they train you to do in a few hours or a day or two.

My job requires at least a certificate , if not a diploma , in computers , and three weeks training, and pays less than half that.

And by the way , I don't drive a car because I can't afford a years salary for a hunk of junk I'll have to replace every third year because these ass wipes feel they need to be paid double the average canadians wages for making rolling pieces of garbage that pollute the heck out of everyone , when smaller lighter electic cars that go no faster than 30 mph would do most people just fine.

But the big three has bribed everyone to insure that doesn't happen. No such car is permitted to pass the "safety standards" , and if they do , those standards are changed. They must maintain their monopoly and drown out any competition before they can even get started, it's just Good Business.

I vote we let them all go belly up.

Oh , I dont' get a vote. The big three have bribed our politicians into forking over my hard earned cash for something I don't want. I have been disenfranchised.

And I resent it.

No comments: