Friday, February 09, 2007

WOW: Letter to Auberdine

Wow = an online multiplayer game that apparently 8 million people in the world play

cool, I can upload a pic of my charactar. I do hope face tenticles arn't a detriment to me finding a guild to join . :)

So I got this letter to deliver to Auberdine, which is across the sea. So I run back to Azuremyste, the beginning area , and meet a hunter at the docks who says oh yes, just catch the boat it takes you right there. Catch the boat , get off at the other end , turn the letter in end of quest.

While I'm there anyways ....
There's a griffen point in Auberdine, so go talk with the Griffen master. Then go back to the dock ,which has three ships not one, and take the boat to Darnassus , which is the capital city of the elves. Fish for a while waiting for the point ... humm...need to buy up my fishing I"m almost at the level cap for it.
Catch the boat to Darnasuss, catch the griffen point there. Now I have two griffen points so I can fly between them without waiting for boats. Fly back to Auberdine , and now there's no griffen between auberdine and Exodar , so I have to catch the boat. Oh well, started in on catching flight points. It's a big world and you can't run around everywhere.
Catch the boat back ... oh yes , fishing.
The fishing trainer is way way WAY back at the newbie area , when you first come out of the little vally where brand new charactars level from first to sixth level. And there are no griffen points there.
Hike it all the way back there , stopping three times to mine copper. I'm about ten levels to high for this area so I can practically reach out and touch the hostile monsters here and they wont attack me, a design feature to a) keep from annoying me when I have to cross a newbie area, and b) keep from annoying the newbies whenever a high level goes through and is forced to depopulate the area because everything keeps attacking him. Nothing attacks nothing, and the newbies now complain I'm robbing their copper mines because they have to fight the monsters to get there and I don't !
*sigh*
You just can't win no matter what you do.
Get to the fisherman , buy up my fishing , and then use the heathstone to teleport home.

Oh yes, screen shots, I can take a pic of my charactar and put it on my blog now. Cool.
Zoom the camera around a bit until I get a good shot , take the pic. Copy and paste it into windows media , which interestingly enough shows it upside down. Do another screen shot of windows media showing the image , and paste it into Paint. Do a cut on that because I just want my charactar , not the whole screen , copy and paste (again !) into paint. Then use the rotate function because it's still upside down ! Then save as a jpeg, and export it to my blog.
Whew ! What a complicated process !
And so thats' what I look like at level 15 with some ok dokey but not too impressive level 15 equipment.
I think I took longer to mess with the screen shot than do the actual quest, fishing side trip and all. :)

No comments: