Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Brother Bob

My brother Bob (not his real name) finally pushed his luck too far. He was told by doctors to ease up and stop leading such a stressful life (he owns his own business) or within six months he'll take a heart attack and die.

A day or two ago he took a mild heart attack.

I met him at the bus stop today while he was on the way to the hospital for tests. He looked ok , but complained he could only walk a short distance and then had to sit down , and couldn't stand for long periods of time ( just like me)

I'm jealous. I'm the only one supposed to be sick here, but now there are two of us.

Next in line is my wife, I think. You should see how her face turns red sometimes, and she eats way too much salt and is getting stress headaches already. My Mantra to her is "No salt for you , lady" but she never listens.

No one ever listens. They all think they're invincible and the rules don't apply to them.

I hate that.

(edit) Note to family members : he brought his cell phone with him , you know the number. He thinks he'll be out tonight, but I told him he's probably in for a few days.

No comments: