Tuesday, February 27, 2007

11 Days of Ubuntu

Started the mp3 player going on my Ubuntu box. I figured I'd see how long until it crashes.

That was 11 days ago. It's still playing.

I flip to ubuntu now and then to do some writing. I have all the applications and notes and everything open and right there, ready to go, always on. Always open.

11 days. Still open. Still works. Still playing. Still able to edit the story I'm writing.

So...I'm gonna confirm all these stories about Linux and Unix systems that just keep on trucking forever ... getting walled up because no one ever goes in there until it's time to move and then someone says "Hey ,where's the print server , we gotta move it ?" "Duh ..I don't know ... I just push the button and it prints ... See ? Still printing ... " "Nvm we'll trace the wires...hey ...they just go into the wall here ! "

Finally got the ftp server working in linux. Access control will kill you if you're not careful. Now to move some real music over and let it play that for ever and a day.

No comments: