Sunday, February 11, 2007

Internet Explorer 7


Ok , I work in tech support, and IE7 (internet explorer 7) has been forced down everyones throat. The complaints are ...
1) No menu
2) Cannot surf at all at all at all
3) problems with active x especially flash.
Knowing how wrong i was about the google toolbar , i decided to d/l and install IE7 before actually comlpaining how terrible it is.
1 - no menues.
This beef is correct. If you look at the pic I put up at the top of this article, however , you can see that some tiny menu's have been added at the top right , including a tools option that can turn the menu's back on, and you're off to the races wth the same options as before.
2) Cannot surf at all at all at all
I'm writing this post on ie7 . Seems to work great. Tried a number of web sites, no problems.
3) problems with active x
Went to www.flash.com , and ran the flash demonstration for flash 8 , it's still running in the back ground in another tab while I type this.
Other
- yah gotta know when I next go to work everyone is swiping that screen shot , and maybe putting it up on the tech pages. :)
(edit)
Oh yes, the control key bypasses the pop up blocker just fine on this thing.
and I had to remove my google toolbar, because it's got one installed by default and REFUSES to ditch it, and thats just redundant.

No comments: