Friday, February 09, 2007

I hate the Google Toolbar !

Ok. I do tech support all day , and I keep getting this same problem over and over. Customer has the google toolbar, the menu option "manage add ons" is gone (useful for removing tool bars) And the address bar is gone so they can't surf properly , they're forced to go through google for everything.

I hate that , so I go to my rarely used internet explorer 6 , install the google toolbar.

My home page is my streaming music page, the only web page I ever use IE on. Other than that I'm a firefox kind of guy.

First , open and close internet explorer (IE) ten times. Does the home page change ?

No.

Does the address bar change ?

No.

Does the Tools Menu change and manage add ons disapear ?

No.

Hmmm...... might have to get more aggressive here.

start surfing about with the address bar , deliberately mispelling things , daring google to interfer with me when I'm not using it.

Works great. Google leaves me alone when I don't use it, the address bar is still fully functional.

Hmmmm.....

Those callers have spyware or something. It's gotta be. The tool bar aint doing nothing to my browser.

But just in case, I'll leave it on for a while and see how it goes.. just for testing purposes.

*sigh*

No comments: