Thursday, December 10, 2015

Quebec's assisted dying law comes into effect today

Quebec's assisted dying law comes into effect today

 Ok then. I'm against the death penalty , and I'm against doctors killing people, whatever they choose to call it. More specifically , I'm against bureaucrats always looking for more and more "efficiency" having the right to kill. Be they the prisons, or the hospitals , or anyone else. 


I worked in a private company , answering phones and providing tech support for computers (and later , cell phones) . I remember fondly certain meetings where my supervisor called me (and the other workers under his authority) in to pass along instructions from the boss. 

He told us it was against policy to try and fix our stations , by swapping out keyboards and mice . There was a sub contracter who was charged with fixing them , and we were messing up his work tickets. Then he told us he expects us to totally ignore this policy and continue on as we were before. 

I remember him telling us we could hang up on one customer a month and it would be shrugged off as an accident. We should save that hang up for particularily annoying customers who wanted to babble on and on and on , and we were supposed to only spend 8 minutes on each call , but the call was now up to 45 minutes ... 

I remember the corperation introducing a contest to find new employee's , but the conditions to collect the "prize" were so insane that only one person in the call center ever actually collected. 


I remember being in a hospital , as a matter of fact , and they were trying to discharge me , meanwhile I was throwing up on the floor. They brought a wheel chair in and everything because there was someone else waiting for that bed so hurry hurry hurry ... (to their credit , they decided I was too sick to discharge, eventually, but I almost had to throw up on their shoes to get that)

You want to give these people the right to kill ? 

Forget it ! It will be a blood bath.



 

 

 

1 comment:

Ottawa Dude said...

Actually , it wasn't theatenning to throw up on their shoes that caused them to relent. It was me demanding they take me back to the emergancy room so I could start the process of being admitted all over again.

Apparently , kicking someone out and having him go directly to the emergancy room looks bad on their paper work.