Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm Not Faking it , Dad !

"I'm Not Faking it , Dad"

"Brad. You realize these tests are going to cost us thousands of dollars ,right ? And Insurance only covers part of that ?"

"I'm Not Faking it , Dad, I'm not faking it !"

- Greys Anatomy, Season 6, Episode 13

It's a standard plot line. Greys Anatomy , House, even back to old medical drama series in the seventies. No medical insurance. Can't afford anything. Look at all the trouble we have.

Sometimes I think the medical establishment in the USA bribes the producers of these shows to put that plot line in on a regular basis.

I didn't used to think that , you know. Until I worked for a company that was outsourcing AT&T calls, and while tests were running ,or while the internet was slow looking something up , we would chat, and I would ask how much are they paying for health insurance ?

These people pay more for health insurance than I pay for rent.

How can they afford this ?

And I look at my favorite medical shows, with the weird plot line about health insurance that means nothing to me because I live in Canada , and we basically have unlimited health insurance that covers everything non-trivial forever and never runs out, and I wonder.

These shows are a warning sign arnt' they ? Pay the medical Insurance Companies their pound of flesh or you will deeply regret it.

America sucks.

Its the land of the young ,because they let all the sick old guys die off.

No comments: