Friday, April 04, 2008

This Phone Really Sucks !

Article = None , Personal Experiance

Finally , after about a month I got my phone back from the repair shop (it wouldn't charge). Charges now, made a test call, ready to go. So I put my head phones in , crank up the tunes , walk away.

I get maybe twenty steps before I realize the music isn't playing properly. I'm not hearing the lead singer I'm only hearing the back up.

They fixed the charging problem (calling it "Major Repairs") and broke the head phone jack in the process !

Walk back to the store. Demonstrate this problem to the clerk.

Well , it's probably the headset. We don't have any in stock , we'll let you know when you get some , and then we'll try it out. If it doesn't work , we'll send it back in for repairs.

So how long am I waiting for this shipment of head sets ? Don't know. They'll phone me.

Phone bell Canada. I want to terminate my service.
They talk me into letting them fix it again. They'll send me a box and I'll mail it back to them. And I'm without a phone for 2 - 6 weeks while it's being fixed. If you want a loaner phone it's 25$. (I decide no loaner).

Go over my contract. It says they're going to bilk me for 20$ a month for every month I don't do on the contract to a maxium of 400$. Hmmm...where is that clause for just paying for the rest of the phone ? (250$) Not there. But there is a small blurb that reads "Other Termination Fee's may apply ..." They're gonna bilk me for 650$.

Just read a news article of some couple being scammed by the phone company and having to pay 1700+$ in termination fee's. (Presumably for two lines.) Divide by two ... and thats about right.

In other words, once you sign that three year contract, you pay for it. You pay full price for the phone, and you pay close to full price for the three years of service. Whether you actually use that , or you pay it off in termination fee's, you pay.

I've decided to get the full entertainment value out of my 650$. I'm gonna send it back to warrenty anytime I find anything wrong with it. I'm going to make maximum use of the insurance. The works.

If you're gonna sell crap , then you're gonna pay the repair bills. And I'm gonna be posting it here for all to read.

All right then. Lets see where this goes.

No comments: