Friday, April 18, 2008

My New FM Radio

Article = None , Personal Experience

I lost my mp3 player. I havn't seen it in days.
So I go to the dollar store and pick up a radio, that will get me by.

What kind of radio was it , you ask ? "FM Radio"
Oh , brand name ...brand name ..brand name...nope ! Don't see a brand name on the box. Just Says FM Radio. With auto scan. Takes 2 AAA batteries.

Whats the brand name of the batteries ?

Sunbeam. The Power Generator. MightyCell. Mercury free. Super Heavy Duty.
And on the back it gives a warrenty , not completely satisfied return to some place in quebec for complete refund.

On the back of the radio it says ....never immerse in water. And some operating instructions. Way way down at the bottom of this radio with no manufacturer and no guarentee is a little tiny thing that says "Made in China".

The batteries work fine.
The radio barely functioned for about three minutes, and then lost it's lock on the channel I was listening to. After much fiddling , I got it back. Three minutes later , it lost lock again. Lousy sound quality , and it couldn't hold channel lock. The thing functioned just long enough to pass a quality inspection if you were in a hurry , but was not actually useful.

And this is what china is selling us ? This is what our trade with China consists of ? Junky electronics that can't actually be used ? For this we endure their lies and human rights violations ?

I regret that I forgot to salvage the two batteries when I tossed the thing in the trash thirty minutes after first purchasing it. And that is my only real regret.

No comments: