Thursday, April 03, 2008

Bell Canada takes heat from clients for limiting online speed

Article


"Most people are doing online banking, watching YouTube videos, the basic services. We want to offer them the best service possible," spokesperson Jacques Bouchard said.


Yeah , what he said !


Pat Hurley, an analyst at research firm TeleChoice, said five to 10 per cent of Internet users take up most of the bandwidth as they download high definition movies and play games online.


Yeah ..you see .... what was that he said ? Play games online ?

yer toast.

If I can't play my online games. Your service is *USELESS* to me.

Remind me never to go to bell.

Well... maybe that doesn't count. TeleChoice isn't bell is it ? But still...I aint switching until I hear from bell about online gaming.

Oh, got a nice letter from Rogers Cable Internet.
Apparently I have a 60GByte limit, and if I go over it it's like two bucks a gig there after. They also sent me a nice graph showing my usage for the last three months. The first two months my usage was barely a sliver on the left edge, just enough to say I turned the machine on every now and then. The third month it was 8 gigabytes.

Makes me a tad curious about what my wife has been doing when I'm not around since I set up that guest computer in the living room, but 8 gigs is so far below the limit I'm not gonna panic. I did let her know we have a 60 gig limit and she used 8 though ...just to keep her up to date and make sure this doesn't spin out of control.

But lets face it.8 gigs is quite a party. You'd have to go hog wild to do 60.

Now ...start blocking online gaming ... now I'm ticked.

No comments: