Thursday, August 31, 2006

Montreal's homeless to be fined for sleeping in squares

The funny people and their funny ways.


Montreal's homeless will have to find new places to sleep or face hefty fines, as the city's downtown borough of Ville Marie bans overnight stays in public squares.

The ban takes effect at 12:01 a.m. Friday, making it an offence to sleep in 15 downtown squares between midnight and 6 a.m.

The penalty is a fine of $141 for a first offence. If offenders can't pay the fine, they face jail time.



Ummm...I'm cold...it's -30 out here. I think I'll sleep down town where the cops can see me. Do I have $141 Cdn ? Ummm..no , I'm homeless.

Off to the NICE WARM jail for you !
ahhh...thats so much better.

Oh , and if I ever get a job, and they ask me why I was in jail for 3 months ? Vagrancy. I slept on the street where I wasn't supposed to and they arrested me ... unfortunately 3months is the maximum they keep you in jail so they booted me out of their nice warm jail with the free food after that.


yeah !
I can see how this law is going to work out REAL good.

No comments: