Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Disability Application

I'm applying for disability.

Sort of.

I'm working the system. You see, you have to employ certain tactics or they'll turn you down. You have to ...

sometimes I wonder.

When did the prime goal of my life stop being "getting that pretty girl into bed"

When did the prime goal of my life stop being "get an ok job, maybe not a decent job , but an ok job..."

When did the prime goal of my life stop being "wheres the beer, bub , and dont' stand in my way to the bathroom you only rent this stuff you dont' buy it"

When did it start , that the primary thought every morning when I woke up was "You have 10 second of physical activity before your lungs fail you , how will you spend it ?"

When did it start "I have to go to the can ...you have ten seconds...are you ready yet ? "

When did it start "Yes, I can make it across the street. If I walk really really slow. If I deliberately breath heavy because I won't actually feel like breathing heavy until 10 or twenty seconds later, but by then it's too late if it gets that far start looking for a convenient place to fall down on because you messsed it all up..."

I have to seriously wonder.

Am I really plotting how to work the system ?
Or is the system working me ?

No comments: