Monday, November 24, 2008

So is my dick gonna fall off ?

Article = none , personal experience.

As you might know if you've been reading this blog for a while, I'm a sick little boy.
Chrones Disease. And I was on steroids for two years (Prednisone).

And I've heard of atheletes using steroids to get really big honking muscles.

and I've heard that as a result of this misuse of steroids their dicks get really really tiny.

Needless to say , I'm a bit worried.

Catabolic, Anabolic Steroids

Atheletes don't use steroids to enhance muscle mass. They use Anabolic Steroids, an important distinction.

The major side effects of anabolic steroids include various rather nasty effects on both male and female sexual organs (up to and including outright impotence in the male) and of course, really big muscles.

And yes, the damage to the male sexual organ is PERMANENT. You're playing with fire , you body builders out there. You could be impotent for ever and ever.

doesn't sound like a good deal to me. You get big muscles and all the girls swoon to you ... but you can't do anything about it !

Catabolic Steroids, like Prednisone , which they put me on for two years BREAK DOWN muscle tissue, not build it up. There are no listed side effects on either sexes sexual organs.

Good news ! No ones going to break into the pharmacy computer , find my address , and come hunting for my stash of prednisone. It's the wrong kind of steroids.

Bad news. I now understand why I've been weak as a kitten over the last couple of years since I got sick (and they put me on prednisone). The dang drug was wreaking havoc on my muscles. There's not much I could have done about it even if I had known , it is true. When you got this tube stuck in your belly and a bag on your hip going jogging is a really bad idea, but it would have been nice to know. For a while there I was seriously contemplating a wheel chair.

I suppose from the doctors point of view it's an easy decision to make. We saved your life ! Yes, you'll be weak for a year or two , but you're alive ! You wouldn't have been if we hadn't have done this !

Still..would have been nice to know.

No comments: