Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I hate my phone.

Article = none , personal experiance.

It's a Samsung m610.

I had a doctors appointment on monday, and I was happily listening to the tunes I had side loaded on it (side load = download from my computer , not the internet, phone holds over a hundred mp3 music files:: edit :: phone only holds about 10 songs, I paid $45 bucks for a 1 gigabyte expansion card and with that it holds a whole wack more :: :: )

But ...the hospital has no cell phone coverage. So when I stopped the tunes, I couldn't start them again. All I got was this annoying "connecting to network" message , and it hung there. And it hung , and hung ...and I couldn't do anything with it. Not play my tunes , not play the chess game I downloaded, not even have it tell me what time it was !

If it's not connected to the network, it's totally useless !

I have to wonder how much use I'm going to get when the three years is up on my contract with it. Is it going to still play my mp3's ? Or is it simply going to hang trying to connect, and of course bell canada will say "you're not a paying customer ? Get out of here !!!!"

(edit)
there seems to be a philosophy out there by big business. We will give you all the features you could ask for ! But we will do so in the most inconvenient and annoying manner possible so as to continue to extract as much money as possible from you.

My phone is the incarnation of that philosophy , I think. It looks so good on paper, it has so many cool features on paper ... but actual use ? So many holes ...

No comments: