Friday, April 06, 2007

Wife Surfs on Linux

My wife was gabbing with her friends on the phone. Sitting at my desk. My computer desk. She'd gotten up for a few moments and I'd sat down , having just come from work. Switched to the Linux box, brought up firefox. Wife shoo's me away.

Then she is told something or other happened here in ottawa and how terrible it was (some idiot beating on old folks, getting arrested for it , etc) and asked me to bring up a news article so she could read it while she and her friend were talking about it. I did so ,and got shoed out again.

And so there she was, happily reading the article , following a few links, gabbing with her friend. She turned to me and asked "Why are you grinning like that ? "

"You realize you're surfing on Linux ?"
Gives me an odd look.
"never mind. Have fun. "

She can't tell the difference between Linux and windows. The buttons are all in more or less the same place, and do more or less the same thing, what am I babbling about ?

Some days , I have to wonder if she's not the one with the correct attitude , not me.

No comments: