Monday, April 10, 2006

Victory over the Evil Parasite McAfee

It's now April 10th , 7 days since I removed the McAfee files from my computer. In the last 7 days I have seen no McAfee pop ups demanding up dates, have your credit card ready , etc.

I delcare the Evil McAfee Parasite vanquished.

I also declare it a parasite, since it should in no wise be this difficult to get rid of a legitimate program. You should just go to add-remove programs, hit uninstall , and it's gone. This business about playing with the Msconfig utility to turn things off, and even that has been sabataged to turn it right back on again ... that kind of dirty underhanded stunt is what you expect from a virus program, not an anti-virus program.

McAfee is Learning too much from the enemey , becoming too much like the enemey. I can only advise you stay away from it. It has been "corrupted" at the most basic of levels. The corperation that creates it has adopted the very methodology of the virus writers they puport to fight, and do not realize they have stepped over the line and joined the ranks of those virus writers.

more than an opinion this time.
It's a fact.

No comments: