Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Bloated Ad Pages

Ok, I was reading this news article on how martha stewarts stock was doing well, and there was this annoying flashing at the corner of my eye. I look down and what do I see ?

A full color animated movie trying to sell houses.

Hello ? I'm reading a TEXT article ? Simple words on a page, and there's a movie playing off to the side to try and sell me junk ?

I pay for my internet connection , I don't get it for free. And being forced to by faster and faster speed (for more and more money) because some yammer head wants to place MOVIES on every other web page to try and sell me stuff while all I want to do is read the news, is just plain stupid !

Come on ! Surely this qualifies as robbery of some kind ? They're using what , 5% of the connection to show me some text and 95% to show advertising movies ?

Thats not right. Somethings messed up there.

No comments: