Saturday, April 29, 2006

Ottawa Boy

"A defect in the abdomen wall"

What exactly is a "defect" ?

A weakness. I'm a fat bastard. If they cut open my belly (abdomen in medical terms) it will come gushing out , make a big defect ,and when they put it all back together then , it will not be as strong as before. There will be this "defect" showing. Please lose weight , make my life easier, says my surgeon.

Aha.

I barely eat as it is. Two meals a day. don't go to restaurants because a trip to a restaurant generally means I'mg going back to the hostpital ( I have Chrones Disease... anything irritates my belly , I'm hospital bound)

I lift up my t-shirt. I look down. I have two bags, Shcomata bags , or some such. Basically the kind where your intestines have been cut lose from your "anus" and stuck in a hole in your belly , and you now "excrete fecal matter " (shit) through the hole.

Only no one ever cut lose my my intestines. I have "fistula's" , holes my body makes all by itself. Thus why there is two instead of just one that a surgeon would make.

I look down and there are two bags on my belly. And yes, i also still go to the bathroom and dump "fecal matter" as per a normal man would do this.

I'm on predinzone , in 5 years this will give most people a lethal case of Ostrioperosis, (weak bones, all the bone cells die off you break your bones at the drop of a hat and you die quickly from having every bone in your body broken) , so I have to have this operation.

Ok.

I'm a fat bastard and I'm going to have a "defect" in my belly.

So... what exactly does this mean ?

I'm going to be a troll. A fat ugly man with a big scar in his belly , most of his lower intestines missing , crapping into a bag on my belly instead of out my rear end ...
Oh yes. And this is only to stop this bout of Chrones disease, you do understand there is no cure , we may have to come back and cut out some more of your intestine ? Do this all over again ?

"Oh I'm sorry , but the summer surgery schedule isn't out yet. Please call back in two weeks and we'll see if we can schedule your operation then. yes, feel free to call back an check on that in mid may ..."

Welcome to my nightmare.

No comments: