Monday, August 29, 2005

CT Head Scan - Help Wanted

They're going to operate on me again in two days. Today I went in for a CT scan (Cat scan , whatever ). I should mention they're going to operate on my belly , and that they told me I would be drinking some kind of horrible stuff so I was to show up at 9:45am even though the scan wasn't until 11am.

Walk in , give my name. "So , how bad is it going to taste ? "
"Is what going to taste ? " asked the nurse.
"They said I'm supposed to drink this ugly stuff, thats why you want me in here early."
"Oh no. It's a head scan. You don't drink anything. "
?
"You're going to take pictures of my head ?"
"Yes. "
"But they're going to operate on my belly ? "
She looked at me.
I pull up my shirt and show her this ugly bandage on my belly with a tube running from it and everything. "I dont' think the doctor is going to be impressed with a few shots of my head when it comes time for him to cut open my belly. I think he wants shots of my belly , personally. "
Sighes, picks up the phone.

The new ... whatever it is , constrast liquid they make you drink so they can x ray you ? Tastes like water. But you wind up going the bathroom every twenty minutes for the rest of the day. Yah win some you lose some.

Got to watch hurricane Katrina coverage. Just one reporter repeating the same thing over and over. Down to catagory 4 storm, The Big Easy (New Orleans) about to get wiped. Foggy pictures of rain. Boring. Why did those people build a city 6 feet below sea level anyways ? I privately think New Orleans might not be there tommorow. We'll see.

No comments: