Friday, July 04, 2008

No more Hell from Bell

Artilce = none, personal expeiance of a friend

((WARNING : A friend of mine wrote this , not me. ))
I was using Home Phone and Internet from Bell and Cable TV and Wireless from Rogers.

I wanted to save some money by bundling with one or the other service provider.

After a lengthy analysis, I chose Rogers for all my services.
Rogers offered my their tier 2 package from myhomeadvantage for $129.00 + tax per month saving me about $50 per month overall.

After notifying Bell of my desire to cancel, I was transferred to the retentions department which gave me a big guilt trip about how Bell "gave people a phone".
My response was that I had already signed my contract with Rogers. The retentions CSR was NOT IMPRESSED!

A Bell tech came to my house just hours later to "fix" problems I had been complaining about for months. The day after Rogers came by to install my new phone and internet service, Bell installed a dry loop for my internet connection that I wanted cancelled and could no longer access not that I would want to as I now had Robgers higher speed internet. Oh, and my speed with bell was 2.4Mpbs at best from the 5Mbps they promisd. With Rogers I now have 7Mbps.

A couple days later Bell took an additional payment from my account even though they did not have authority to direct debit my account. I immediately called Bell and screamed FRAUD and they immediatley mailed me a refund.

My final bill from Bell for 7 days of service is $80 dollars whereas a full month of service costs me $120. The extra expense is listed as various disconnection charges.
Where do they get off charging disconnection charges? Seems to me that these final insulting charges will just make certain I never sign up with Bell again!

No comments: