Friday, May 19, 2006

7:30 am and Ma Bell

My schedule reads 7:30 am start time tommorow. That's wrong. I've been trying to get my TL (team leader) to change that and he's being saying "yes , of course ,no problem , just give me a few minutes ..." for two weeks now.

Phone up work. Or try to.
Work just moved, a few months back , you see. Just AFTER the new phone books came out, so everyone has the old numbers , which are disconnected. Try www.yellowpages.ca , no luck.

Phone up ma bell, 411 (information , doncha know).

Automated computer answers. Speak the name of the city. Ottawa. Speak the company name. (censored) . One moment please.

Talk to a real person. Explain where it's located. She types a bit and says "Ok, here's the number. " And passes me to a machine !

the machine speaks the wrong number , of course, since I know the number begins with a 6 , and it gives me one beginning with a 2. and now you're out of hand the quarter for calling information, have the wrong number in hand , no way to call back and explain it all without being in hock another quarter, and ma bell must be laughing her fat a$$ off at the whole situation.

I eventually find the company web site, big multinational corp somewhere way down in the states, get someone from public relations to look up the number. finally , a number beginning with a 6 . Phone them up ...

I'm still starting at 7:30 am tommorow.

And now I owe ma bell a quarter on top of it all, for her giving me the wrong number. Oh , I actually phoned that number, hoping against hope. Some computer or fax machine or something answered, screaming electronically in my ear. I just hung up on it.

No comments: