Saturday, November 20, 2004

Whats in Bulk Email Today (20 Nov 2004)

Lets see what we have in the bulk mail folder today...

>Dear Friend,

Never heard of you before , buddy

>I am Barrister Ian Rankin,an attorney at law. A deceased client of
>mine, by name Mr.Bill Owen, who here
>in after shall be referred to as my client,died as a result of an auto
>car accident here in England.

Sad tale. Why is your email address "@indiatimes.com" ?
Did you know that if you type in www.indiatimes.com in your web bar you get
this really cool web site, ,from india, that gives away free emails ?

Examining a few stories confirms that this site is dedicated to the comings
and goings of the people of india.


>I am contacting you to assist me in ensuring that the funds lodged by
>my client with a bank in the United
>States Of America (New York) his bank,is not decleared unclaimed hence

Missed the capital in "His".

>my reason for this contact to
>you.

"my reason for this contact to you" ... klugey english. Not quite
gramatically incorrect , but certainly no native english speaker
would say it like that.


>This bank has issued me a notice to contact the next of kin, or the
>account will be confiscated.

First off, only in canada can you do that. US Law makes the banks keep
all those little accounts with even 10 cents on them a permanent burden
on the books.


>My proposition to you is to seek your consent to present you as the
>next-of-kin and beneficiary of my late
>client,so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you,Then we
>can share the amount on a
>mutually agreed-upon percentage.

You want me to lie my ass off and accept money. No , this is too easy.
Somewhere along the line you're gonna want me to front some cash to
you and then you'll run with it.



>All legal documents to back up your claim as my client's next-of-kin
>will be provided. All I require is your
>honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through.

Honest cooperation in this dishonest endeavour. Ha ha ha.


>This will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect
>you from any breach of the law. If

Yer a lawyer, not a judge , buddy. You don't execute anythign. Judges do
that. Plus there is no "legitimate arrangement" to do something
"illegitimate". I don't know how it is in india , but the law in America
does not work that way. You cannot bring the force of law to an unlawful
arrangement sort of thing.

>this business proposition offends your moral values,do accept my
>apology. Please contact me at once to
>indicate your interest.

At least you kind of sort of admit you're doing something naughty.


>However if you are willing to assist me in this venture i will
>establish a verbal telephone communication
>with you and bring you into a much better picture of the
>situation.Please contact me with email address
>below:
>ianrankin30@zwallet.com
>ianrankin@indiatimes.com

Shall we go for the zwallet address as well ? Why not.

www.zwallet.com shows up as another free email address. This guy
doesn't have a legit email to begin with.


>Best Regards,

>Barrister Ian Rankin,

>Morley House,

>26-30 Holborn Viaduct,


>London EC1A 2BP,

>U.K


Wow, when I put that address in google (plus "london england" ) I get a totally different thing.

More information

CICA
Morley House
26-30 Holborn Viaduct
LONDON
EC1A 2JQ

Official CICA website: http://www.cica.gov.uk/

In fact, it seems to be some kind of crime stoppers crime fighting
web site.

Say , you don't think they'd be interested in the scam this guy is
running , do you ? Maybe I should forward a copy of this email to them,
what with that he's using their address and all ...

that would be evil.

What the hey. I'm in a bad mood. I'll do it.
Bah ! Dang web site is down. Cops don't even know how to run a web site,
it seems.
eventually tracked down an email and mailed them, took a while though.
British bobbies need to be brought up to speed on this whole internet
thing...




No comments: