Friday, November 19, 2004

The Ubiquious Internet Explorer

Just tried to run MSN chat program.
It refused to run because Internet Explorer was not my default browser.

Now that's just outragous. The program is on my computer, and it knows where it is (it's part of the operating system) why can't it just crank it up itself ? No, Bill Gates has to push it on you and make you use it all the time, make it your default or this chat program will not work !

Probably a good marketting scheme, but when IE is the number one target of virii in the world, I'm sorry but I'm not biting. I'm switching to ICQ now.

I read somewhere that last october there were 1000 new virus's for the IE. And this october there were 5000. A five fold increase in one year. It's time to get off that security harlot of a browser and onto a real one, if you want my opinion.

And hey , this is my blog isn't it ? My opinion is what you get. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is to big for me to use at work. They will think I am using the net.