Sunday, August 21, 2016

Understanding the Robocall Strike Force

Here comes the robocall 'strike force'

 Expect Google, Apple and Comcast representatives to join the first meeting of the robocall “strike force” this morning at the FCC. The group, whose members include Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint and CenturyLink, formed at the request of FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler to explore solutions to stopping unwanted robocalls to consumers.



----- ----- ----- -----


What does all this mean ?

It means "Please don't everyone go out and buy a cell phone with call display and refuse to answer it if it isn't one of the ten people you have in your address book we can't make a living if we can't spam you .... oops , too late !"

Basically , if you don't know who it is , don't answer. And robocalls , and everyone else , will never bother you.

Funny story. The hospital now calls me on the one and only line I ever answer (the one telling me to go get my blood tested). They used to call me from some number relayed from down in the states, but it seems every one saw it was a USA number and refused to answer it so they could never contact anyone with that number.

So I know I'm not the only one who doesn't answer "funny" numbers. 

:)
 

No comments: