Sunday, April 10, 2016

Star Trek Online (USS Ottawa)

Playing Star Trek Online , named my ship the USS Ottawa.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online

The game is a little annoying with all the log ons and stuff, but it is also free of charge , so what the hey.






Ok, yes I'm guilty. I chose an all female crew and put them in mini skirts and leather. So sue me !

Level's 1 to 10 were pretty easy. Deceptively easy. The only interesting things I can tell you is that yes, your ship is slow to move, slow to turn compared to every other ship in the game. And the enemies are going easy on you.

When I played I suddenly didn't have any scenarios to play when I hit 10. This is because I wasn't diligent enough in killing enemies or somethign , and the next story lines had a level 11 requirement. Luckily you can "hail starfleet" from your bridge and hit the replay and do the beginning missions again , as many times as you like, though there is a 10 minute cool down , but there's like 8 of them so no worries.

Level 11 I got "doff's" (duty officers) which you send out on missions and they collect various rewards, and dilithium, which is the in game currency in the game. Zen is another currency , but it costs real world money to get any , except in very small amounts, so I tend to stay away from it. Despite the fact that I'm going to subscribe for 15$ / month (USD , less than 25$ / month canadian) .

Level 11 , also , they start getting a little rougher on you. Specifically in the mission called "Skirmish".

Tactics : I'm not sure about anyone else , but the buggers in skirmish were aggressive. I was on a science vessel , which has equil weapons on front and rear, so it wasn't really a problem to run away and fire weapons at them, and then sort of circle around and fire my front weapons as well. You can't stand still and fire at level 11+ ...they will destroy you if you do. Move move move ...

That , and hitting "available missions" and selecting the dilithium mine is about as far as I got so far.
And the costume shop . to change the girls uniforms.   :)

EDIT : finally got registered. Dang servers don't work at night , they just keep asking you to reset your password . they should at least put up a notice of "servers down" rather than have us pound our keyboards in frustration. 

No comments: