Thursday, April 15, 2010

30% Discount

I used to work in a call center.

We got a lot of strange calls. Apparently save team offered these guys 30% discount if they'd stay.

And they left no notes.

Sorry buddy you're obviously lying to me , but I'm not allowed to say that. And you're in a new contract you're sticking around for a couple of years or paying the early termination fee. Wait for him to quit yelling and either demand a supervisor or end the call.

Because I know , we don't do stuff like that.

I was surfing , doing a google search. pop up from my provider rogers. you're over 75% of you montly quota.

Phone them up. I was on unlimited internet. Then they changed that to 60 gigs. Then they changed that to 30 gigs. Then 25. At the same time my usage went from 5 gigs to 20 gigs to 40 gigs. And I'm not doing anything illegal , copying dvd's , nothing like that. Just normal perfectly legitimate usage.

And I call them up. And I get told I'm a bad boy I'm using too much data because I'm on an older plan I was automatically moved to a new one (so much for long term loyalty...take note how they claim they value you , but then try to sheer you like a sheep in the next breath)

And I wind up in retention. And they offer me a 30% discount.

And i'm thinking , you got a clause in your contract that says you can change your mind any time you like. And there's nothing I can do about it I gotta ride out the whole 3 years even if you decide to turn off the taps and give me nothing.

And I'm thinking ...why does 30% sound so familiar ?

Oh yes, I was on the other end of this conversation a few times. It didn't work out so well for the customer.

No comments: