Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Windows "Poochy Poo your system is now Pooched" Defender

Article = none , personal experiance.

Lets be honest here.

When I was in tech support for computers, and some user called me up and told me he/she had a virus, I didn't tell them to get an antivirus program and clean it up. I told them "You're pooched. Reformat. Virus Scanners arn't gonna do anything but take your 60$ and then tell you we did our best ..it didn't work , reformat"

I'm pooched.

I can tell , because the Dell system partitian that has a copy of windows xp on my hard drive ? Just in case ? It's pooched. it won't load. It won't let me reformat windows.

Currently downloading Ubuntu 9.04 , a reasonably friendly version of Linux. I will see if my favorite online game , city of heroes , will run under wine, the windows emulator. (a google search on "wine city of heroes" indicates it has been tested on 23 machines and they all agree it works great)

Well... it could hardly be worse than windows suddenly taking it all away from me. Every thing on the hard drive. Because stupid windows defender decided to open the internet exploder and EXPLODE my system.

Security is Job One indeed.

Can I sue Bill Gates now ?

No ? All software is use at own risk ? I don't feel like risking it anymore ...

Congradultions , you are Foo Barr'ed

You bought into the worlds most virus prone operating system. It took you for every thing it could...

... I think ... are you still feeling stupid ? Would you like to give me some more of your time and effort and money , ohhhh especially money ... so we can "try " to fix it again even though we both know thats not going to happen ... can I take you for just a little more ? a few more dollars ? A few more hours of your time ? How about just fifty cents .. ?

... and now you have to clean up the mess and get your computer back together again. And operational. And Windows is not interesting in helping you with that , they're only interested in SCREWING YOU FOR EVERY PENNY THEY CAN GET AND THEN LEAVING YOUR EMPTY CREDIT CARD ON THE STREET BLOWING IN THE WIND with all the others...

Ok. Lets try ubunto for a while. Dunno how well it will run City of Heroes.. might actually have to give up running that game ... but hey. I aint getting it anyways if I stick with windows now am I ? They took me for quite the ride ..no back up ..how much does a copy of xp cost again ? Oh they don't sell it anymore they want every one on windows vista or windows 7 ....

Ubuntu it is... if nothing else, my 21.99$ a month for online gaming will be saved for a little bit ...

No comments: