Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Phone Woes

Article = none, personal experiance

My phone is toast.
Won't charge. Dead battery. It's got some kind of propriatory universal jack that the headphone OR the charger OR the usb to my computer plugs into. And the headphones were working just fine before the battery died. And when I plugged it into the computer it rang it's little bell for the 10 or so seconds when the phone cranked up and shut down again , so it's being detected.

I think the charger is just toast, not the phone itself.

That kind of propriatory nonsense, and leaving me wondering just how much am I going to be paying for a crappy pair of headphones when these old ones die, is one of my complaints against the phone. The other being their refusal to shut off the internet or the XMS radio. Sometimes I feel like the phone is a pocket salesman , their salesman , in my pocket, to bleed money from me to them.

Oh , and they say if it's the phone they ship it away for 3-5 weeks , fix it ,and it comes back ,and by the way you're still on the hook for the monthly fees. I'm still on the hook, that is. For a phone I bought off them failing, I gotta pay for a month of service that I aint gonna get. "But it's your phone..." the guy told me. "I bought it off of you." yeah yeah .

But it's not my phone if I want to end the contract early. They want the difference between what I paid up front and the box price, they want 250$ if I end the contract early.

It's not my phone when I want to turn the internet off. "Our system can't handle that ! And it's 50$ a megabyte if you accidently activate the browser on your phone or somone gets a hold it ! You better buy our internet plan or you'll get in deep trouble !"

Ditto it's not my phone when I want this XMS radio thingy turned off. Don't know what thats gonna cost but I suspect it will be bad too.

It only seems to be my phone when it comes time to pay the bills. Not when it comes time to decide it shouldn't be *YOUR* salesman sitting in *MY* pocket.

Paying the $250 and getting out is looking real tempting. Maybe I should go back to a go phone.

(edit)
Attempts to look up the price of this xms radio , called Sirius radio, run into the simple problem that the FAQ's are not designed to answer your questions, they're designed to sell you junk. They're worthless for anything else.

No comments: