Friday, October 26, 2007

Sympatico : Reloaded

Received the most interesting letter in the mail today (Canada Post, not email)

INSTANT REGISTRATION NOTICE FROM DELL

This notice is to confirm that Dell has signed you up for Bell's Total Internet Service
"The Service" BECAUSE YOU PURCHASED A DELL SYSTEM YOU WILL RECEIVE THREE MONTHS OF THE SERVICE AT NO COST! As you agreed to over the phone ...


I agreed to nothing. I told the dell rep I didn't want it , already had a provider and was very happy with it.


... in order for Dell to register you for the service , you consented to ...



I consented to jack squat. I said I didn't want it. The operater said "Then when they call just decline" and they never called, they just fired a modem off at me and told me congradulations your service is active !


Dell transfering your name , phone number, address , and pre-authorized payment or credit card number to Bell. As was explained to you , your credit card or pre-authorized payment information is required because you will be automatically charged following your first three months.

You should receive a package by bell ...


Yadda yadda yadda.

You handed them all my personal information despite me saying "No , I don't want it" , including my credit card number ? Is that even legal ?

These people are scoundrals. Absolute scoundrals. I despise them , Dell and Bell. I will never buy another product from either of them ever again.


d

No comments: