Friday, August 31, 2007

movie wars : report from the front

Went to block busters today to buy a new movie.

All the new movies are in one of those two new formats , the blue ray format and what not. Even worse, Block Buster had promised it was backing only one of the two formats , but today I walked in and there was a shelf dedicated to each format, right side by side.

All the new , good movies were in the new formats.
all the crap movies were in the old DVD format.

Time to buckle your belt and kick the movie habit for a year or two, because your only alternative is to buy both players, at at least three hundred bucks a pop. And then any movies you buy ? The ones for the losing format you will be tossing in the trash. So thats going to be several more hundred dollars there.

Lots of risk for the consumer , not much benefit.

Someone must think movies are like drugs and they can do anything they want and the general public will put up with it.

Hello, my name is John Q. Public, and I'm not happy you're ripping me off. I think I'll get deeper into online gaming for a while. Good luck with that movie thing you're doing. Let me know how it turns out.

No comments: