Saturday, January 07, 2006

Cafe Internet

Cafe Internet
288 Bank Street,
Ottawa, ON
K2P 1X6

Well..thats what it's called on yellowpages.ca. When you get there the sign on the door says "micro" something or other increadably forgetful. It's one door in from the corner of bank and sommerset.

Went there with a friend. Sat down. What did I see ?
Cute software to measure your online time.

Could I go to blogspot and post anything ? No , increadably slow... blogspot loads only after a painful long time, and attempts to actually log in fail after 30 min (didn't actually fail, I just ran out of time waiting)

Could I read the funnies ? No. To be honest, I was going through my.yahoo.com and clicking on the comic links there. Nothing came up.

Speed test shows 190 kbps, which by the way only technically qualifies as broadband. Dial up is 56 kbps , for comparison.

Tried to install firefox from getfirefox.com , it let me download it (wasting 10 min of my time) and then refused to install the program, I didn't have security rights. Well , I can't really blame them for not letting me install random software. I can blame them for wasting my time on it.

I could check my yahoo mail.
That was about all I could do.
4$ / hour to find out thats all it's good for.

There are no online games of any kind installed.

Oh , the security software that tells your time is up works real good. Booted me out most efficiently.

No comments: