Monday, April 03, 2017

Hospital Woe's

Article = None, personal experience

Do I want to go over my various serious but boring medical conditions that landed me in the hospital for a week ?

Not really ,no.

Do I want to talk about the evil corruption of the Ottawa Civic Hospital on the corner of Parkdale and Carling Avenue ?

Well...yes.

I had some medications on Hold. What does that mean on hold ? They'll get them later in a day or two ? I was there seven days, it took them four to tell me "On Hold" means that's really pricey stuff and the hospital can't afford it, you have to provide your own.

Seriously ? It took you four days to tell me I gotta bring my own ? I don't care that the hospital can't afford it , because I'm getting it for free from my insurance, but my girlfriend was there twice, she could have brought the stuff in if I had known. But no, they have to play games with phrases like "On Hold" and "We're working on it" before they finally fess up that you aint getting any. There's an actual note on my chart saying I have to provide my own supply. But do they tell me about that ? No , it's embarrassing or something, they can't be bothered.

So I have SOME meds with me, I brought the bag because it had a full list of every med I had from the pharmacy which hospitals are always asking for, and I gave them ten pills , which should be plenty since it was one pill a day kind of thing.

Yeah, they promptly lost the meds. Didn't give me any. Stuff was gone , endless explanation of maybe it was put here, maybe they did this or that ... basically no one knows what happened the stuff is gone and the hospital doesn't provide replacement because it's "On Hold" they can't afford that stuff.

Failed to tell me to provide my own meds, and then stole them when I did.

Not impressed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds horrible. I hope you are feeling better now!