Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Crazy Eskimo

Article = none, personal experience

Did I mention the crazy eskimo guy I have as a room mate ? (one of seven room mates actually , in that house).

My first encounter with him was when he accused me of catching a fly and putting it in his room. Not sure how you catch a fly with your bare hands , undamaged , but he's pretty sure i did it.

My second was when I lent him my phone and he called up the Land Lady and informed her he'd just called city of ottawa because living in a basement was against the rules, and there were three people living upstairs in the same room (it was a large room , and they were one family) also illegal.

Yep. He didn't let her wonder who called he city of ottawa. He phoned her up and told her himself.

This instigated the part where I help clean the room on the main floor (those guys were disgusting pigs ! ) and move half my stuff up there and live there for a while. And while I was helping the land lady clean my new digs, she mentioned him.

Oh yes, and how she mentioned him. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks he's eight ball crazy. City of Ottawa says he can't live in the basement and she's saying he's got to be out by the first (so she told them). Not to mention that all sorts of other unspecified problems she's been having with him.

Then the real fun began. Crazy Eskimo caught me in the hall and asked if my welfare was being cancelled, and I said no. He insisted that everyone in the city of ottawa had their welfare cancelled, were they saving money by this ? I told him that was extremely unlikely , but he insisted they were. Apparently he likes to lead with a question , but he's not interested in the answer , he's already made up his mind before he opens his mouth.    Told him I was on disability and I'd checked with my worker , no problems for me, maybe disability wasn't affected ?

This guy lives in his own little world , I swear. He doesn't want to hear what anyone else says.

There's no drinking allowed in our place , but I keep noticing these beer cans in the kitchen piling up along one shelf. And then I notice that at night Crazy Eskimo likes to sit at that table. And talk to people.

What does he say ? Well , that night , first he complained "McMasters University is Shit !" a few times, then asked one of the roomies what Universy he went to. "Ottawa University. " "Ottawa University is shit ! Every University in Canada is shit ! " repeat a few times. Needless to say we both walk away.
   A little later I use the kitchen microwave to heat up some chicken broth (I'm on a no food day , they want to x-ray my belly the next day ) and he looks at me and says, slightly slurred "Too many fucking old men in this country. Fucking old men just don't die. "
   "Wonders of Free Health Care I tell him. "
   He just continues repeating that.
   Half way down the hall and into my room it occurs to me. I have a head full of grey hair , and a grey beard too.  This guy is deliberately looking for a fight it seems.

   I decide upon a plan , a plan I call avoiding Unneccesary Drama. Basically ... it's only five days or so to the end of the month , and this guy is out of there by then. I'll just visit the girl friends for five days and skip over this whole melt down thing.

   Interesting that he thinks welfare cut off everyone in the city though. He may use that as an excuse to try and stay longer , claiming he has no place to go. Maybe I'll give him until a little after the first.
   I'll just drop by long enough on the first to pay the land lady and be gone again. 

No comments: