Saturday, June 01, 2013

Stupid Salesmen Tricks

Article = none , personal experience


Ok. I got on disability , finally , and they sent me a nice big check , a double sized one actually , and then some. So I did a little shoping and I got myself an android phone.

And that was not a nice story.

The bottom of the line phone is 139$ and they were out of stock. And they weren't interested in selling me the demo model that they had on display. There was a 200$ one , but I was feeling pretty robbed because they were displaying a phone they didn't actually have for sale , the old bait and switch game.

So I hopped on a bus and I went over to the next shopping mall along the transit way (3 minute ride) and thought I'd try it again.

Big mistake.

The guy played me like a fish. Promised a big discount no problem , let me handle the phone and play with it , showed me a few tricks on it. Then suddenly he didn't know how to enter the discount in his computer. And no he wouldn't give me a rain check , he had to phone his manager for that and he already tried twice ....

... and I remember walking by this joker in the shopping mall a few weeks earlier, and he was explaining to a new salesman about how you con people , phone your own home phone because you know no one will answer (you're there at work) , say you can't work the computer what are they going to do ? You can't let them touch it can you ?

I knew he was doing it, but I had my heart set on a new phone , and I'd already been at this a few hours bouncing around... so I caved in and payed the full price.

Honestly , 200$ + tax isn't a bad price for the phone I got , but it's the principle that I got conned  , that's what ticks me off.





It's a Huawei U8681 running Android 4.0.3 and it has 2 gigs of ram (well , it reports 1.98 ... close enough) and it cost 200$ , 236$ when all was said and done.

I hate the stunts salesmen pull... but I see this phone or phones like it for 400$ or more at other stores ...

No comments: