Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bell Canada pays $10M over misleading ads

Article



In one example provided by the Bureau, Bell's website advertised a bundle for home phone, internet and TV services starting as low as $69.90 per month. The lowest possible price, after the mandatory fees, was $80.27, or 15 per cent higher.

Customers purchasing any of the services individually were also faced with the same misleading information, as additional fees were excluded from those advertised prices as well, the bureau said.


I found out all about extra fee's on Rogers as well. Did you know if your balance doesn't reach zero for a few months they tack on an extra 25$ a month ? I thought I was paying my bill off and then some, but because of this extra fee I was actually slipping farther and farther behind...

Bell wouldn't turn off the internet , so I had to buy a stupid 7$ / month internet fee for a connection that was totally worthless and not actually useable. If you had a data phone you were forced to take a data plan you could't turn it off.

Their cheap phone broke , and I still had to pay the monthly fee for four months while they took three tries to repair it.

They cut a hundred bucks off the price of the phone. In exchagne for making me sign a three year contract.

Yeah ... I've dealt with Bell before. And Rogers.

Never again.

edit : forgot to mention the oldest trickin the book used by both bell and rogers. You have 30 days to change your mind and cancel their services without being bound by their contracts. But it's usually closer to 60 days before you receive the first bill and find out about the extra charges that cannot be avoided.

Plus they make you stand in line to sigh up and shove a six page contract thats all fine print and demand you sign immediately while there's 10 people behind you impatiently waiting ...

How do these people get repeat business ? I can understand you were tricked the first time , but why do people go back ?

No comments: