Sunday, May 09, 2010

Goodbye Old Friend

Article = none, personal experiance.


I have a friend. Lets call him rich dude. He isn't much better educated or anything , he didn't inherit anything from his parents. But he made it. He got the nice job, the shiny car , the string of girl friends. And he got it with no help from anyone else.

I've always admired him for that.

Today I had to leave him.

Apparently , according to him , I"m a government agent of some agency or another , and this agency has stooped way down to interfere between him and his wife and their divorce. And he's been acting a little off for years. I'm pretty well convinced he's lost it , and his next step will be to kidnap me and try and beat a confession out of me.

He had it all , and he got it himself. But he was always ... a little off. He was always a conspiracy theory nut. When the store down the street from his home burned down , he decided organized crime meant it as a warning to him personally. Umm..sorry , if organized crime wants to give you a warning it will be your sister or your mother they put a hit on , not the store down the street.

But dont tell him that. He won't listen.

And don't get him started on the subject of government experiments and feeding LSD to test subjects, which apparently he was one of. Don't even go down that road.

Him and his father fought , for years , over a house. He lost it all , and went deeply in debt. Then his marriage went bad, and his job as well. He went from having it all to losing it all.

And it's all a big conspiracy to him , nothing you say will convince him otherwise.

This goes on for years.

Today he announced he was convinced I was a government agent acting on his wifes behalf to ... to do what ? I have no idea. He has no money, and no one will listen to him, but don't tell him that. To listen to him he's got dirt on everyone.

There's no way to argue with a paranoid, no argument you can present , no proof that you're not part of some vast conspiracy against him.

I bought him lunch , and then I took a taxi home.

I'm hoping I don't have to get a restraining order. He's now dangerous to be around. And I got a wife of my own to protect.

No comments: