Thursday, May 20, 2010

Gnumeric Disapointment

Yeah, now they tell me I'm diabetic. And they gave me this thing to stab my finger with and take readings and I'm supposed to write down those readings and everything.

Hmm....a spread sheet can do that job easy.

So I got my free copy of Gnumeric, which |I recommend to all my friends, and I have to tell you , I've never really used it before. Oh I did quick demo's and tried one or two things, but I never actually used the dang thing on a daily basis to actually perform work.

So I stab myself, and I take readings, and I put them in the spreadsheet.

And a bunch of readings suddenly go missing.

Maybe I made a mistake. Enter the latest readings , save adn close , open , and make sure they're there. Perfect.

next day their gone.

Amn I losing my mind ?

There was one very high reading it stuck in my mind. It's gone.

Gnumeric ... doesn't work. All that effort. All that enthusasm I got a free spreadsheet I don't have to pay a few hundred dollars etc etc etc....

Dang thing just doesn't work. Your "saved" data has a habit of simply evaporating.

I hate crud like that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please open a bug at bugzilla.gnome.org with details. We have not heard of anything of that form.

Provide details of the version and what you saw.