Thursday, August 06, 2009

Microsoft Psychic Scarring

Personal Experiance

So I'm sitting at my Linux computer working on my novel , and my thoughts wander in the direction of me getting a new computer. I've already ordered it and it's due in two weeks, and this all is possible because my wife gave me the money to pay out the year or so left on my old computer (for which she gets the old computer).

And am I gonna work on my novel on the new computer ?

Not a chance. New computer is windows. Windows just bit me and put me into a weeks long nightmare because that stupid windows defender thats supposed to scan for viruses actually let a virus in that trashed everything. And Dell didn't give me a back up disk.

I'm gonna work on the novel on the Linux machine, I"m just gonna move it to my room that's all. I don't trust the Windows machine to be in any way stable anymore. Not after burning my fingers like that. And not after learning the infamous and unsupported windows Defender is actually built right into Vista (my sister has a copy) .

Is it psychic scarring that i suddenly don't trust microsoft with anything important ? Anything I want to keep. Is "once burned twice shy" a form of damage ?

Or is it just good sense ?

No comments: