Tuesday, February 19, 2008

And the Winner Is : Blue Ray !

Article


TOKYO, Japan (CNN) -- Toshiba said Tuesday it will no longer manufacture HD DVDs, effectively ending the long-running battle with the rival Blu-ray for a dominant high-definition format.


So , am I happy or Sad that Blue Ray beat HD ?

Don't give a rats behind. As long as someone one and there's only one format to deal with. I aint buying two players and two sets of DVD's.

What does this mean for the average user ?

Everyone is going to produce blue ray disks instead of the old DVD because it's too
easy to copy the old DVD's and trade them over the internet. Blue Ray may have some new fancy wigits to add ... but really , it's mostly about copy protection.

So we should rush out and get a Blue Ray Player ?

It's entertainment, not a neccesity. Don't rack up your credit card if you don't have to ! But yes... all the new movies will be blue ray only now. The death blow has been dealt not only to HD DVD's , but regular DVD's as well. But the blue ray player will play your old DVD's so you don't have to go out and buy them all over again. Which I hate , because I lost so many movies from my collection when VHS died and I had to switch to DVD.

Is Blue Ray High Definition ?

Yes.

What does that mean to you ?

Not much. I watch movies on my computer screen , which qualifies as a high definition TV all by itself.

What about High Definition TV ?

It's nice that they raise the quality of the picture on TV , but TV is still CRUD !!! and not worth my time. I'll probably wait for a player to come out that goes in my computer. 22 min of show and 38 min of HIGH DEFINITION commercials is a waste of my time.

No comments: