Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas Money

Got a xmas card from my new found aunt. I was quite happy to simply stick it under our rather empty looking xmas tree , but my wife insisted we open it.

It's just a card !
$50 bill falls out.

I have to admit. My wife has fast reflexes. The money never touched the floor. I'v never seen her move that fast in my life. "Christmas money !" she called out.

"Errmm... doesn't that card have MY name on it , not yours ?" I asked.

"Well ! " she said. "Oh look , there's another card inside, with my name on it. Rapidly openned it up . "More xmas money !" 25$

"I think some of that is mine at least. " I pointed out.
"You're right. " and she gives me the 25$ "Money money money .. we should send your aunt some cards by way of thank you. "

I look down at the 25$ , not quite sure what has happened.

Later my brother phones about me fixing his computer, and confirms he got his xmas card from our aunt as well. Only since he's single he gets to keep the whole 75$ and not share it with anyone.

*sigh* T'is the season for giving. And it looks like I just unexpectedly gave.

1 comment:

Ottawa Dude said...

Get a Post Office Box!!