Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A weird Blog

Whilst I was surfing through the blogs I came across this, ,and I figure it deserves comment , if only because I SOOOOOO disagree with what it says.

http://brightchristians.blogspot.com/

"On (or about) this day in 1918, Joseph Hofer, a Hutterite conscientious objector to military service, after weeks of torture, starvation and inhumane imprisonment, died in Leavenworth prison."

Lets discuss the whole Conscientious Objector thing.

Fact : There are people out there who would like to kill you , rape your wives and daughter , and take anything thats not nailed down.

Fact : Some of these people rule entire nation states.

Fact : Every Nation MUST protect themselves from these criminals. Do do otherwise is to invite painful death to you , your wife, your kids, your neibours... everyone you love or hate.

In light of these three facts, to stand there and say "No , I refuse to fight" , or "No , I refuse to pay my taxes" is in fact a crime. There is an unwritten social contract, you have banded together with these other people of your particular nation for self protection. To say "You go off and fight, I will stay here and not fight" is both arrogant and murderous. You do not support your society ? You should not be part of it. You should not benefit from it.

The creed of "I refuse to fight" is , whether they realize it or not , the same as the creed of "I want you to die in my place" , and it is quite justifiable to evict these people from your particular nation.


Just an opinion, just an opinion.

2 comments:

Samurai Sam said...

That assumes that the war in question is justified. This is what's so dangerous about Bush's war: he's broken the social contract that allows for common defense. If the American people don't trust that our government is using its war-making powers only as a last resort, then people's willingness to put their lives on the line is going to dry right up.

I don't see anything criminal about refusing to go kill Iraqis, for example. They are not and never were any threat to the United States.

Ottawa Dude said...

Ummm.....

These people are against any war, no matter how justified. (Dates in question are 1918 ... long before Iraq or any "modern" conflict).