Sunday, November 13, 2005

Confessions of a Terrorist


Transcript: Confession by accused Jordan bomber



AMMAN, Jordan (CNN) -- The following is CNN's translation of the confession of Saijida Mubarak Atrous al-Rishawi, aired on Jordanian television after she was detained Sunday.

"My name is Saijida Mubarak Atrous, born in the 70s. I am an Iraqi national. I reside in Ramadi.
.
.
.
"My husband detonated his bomb, and I tried to detonate mine but failed.


On the one hand , these muslim terrorists generally will confess at the drop of a hat. I mean , if you're willing to die, you really don't care about jail time , do you ?

On the other hand, obviously prepared statements like this do bring to mind visions of someone standing just off camera with a club or something , beating this confession out of her. It's an image hard to shake , really.

Confessions like this just plain suck. I don't believe it , just on general principles. I don't believe it when some middle eastern country puts it up on TV as something their cops have done , and heck , even when the canadian cops try such a stunt I don't believe it either.

Who knows...maybe they got the right person after all ?

Or maybe they picked up some vagabond off the street and beat her within an inch of her life to make her say this.

I really get a bad feeling about such "confessions". Really.

No comments: